Double T Outfitters

Double T Outfitters offers Southwest Texas hunting adventures. We facilitate professional guide services, lodging, and fantastic meals while providing the best in Southwest Texas hunting. Our packages range from Trophy Texas Whitetail Deer, Exotics, Turkey, Dove, Quail, Hogs, Predators and more. Contact us to find out details about our current package hunts, as well as build a custom hunt package to suit your budget or needs. 


Find answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.

What time should I schedule my arrival and departure flights?

If possible, we suggest that you schedule your arrival flight to land in the morning on the first day of your hunt, and your departure in the late afternoon or early evening of the last day of your hunt. The closest large commercial airport to our ranch is the San Antonio International Airport. This airport is approximately 1.5 hours from Uvalde, and just under 3 hours from Del Rio. We ask that you please do not arrive earlier than the scheduled time to meet your guide on the day your hunt begins. As you can imagine, hunting season is a busy time for us, and we appreciate that you are attentive to prompt arrival and departure times. If you prefer, you can arrange to fly in a day early or leave a day later, however it is up to you to arrange and fund all accommodations outside of your scheduled hunt. We suggest lodging near the San Antonio Riverwalk area if you would like nightlife and entertainment options. 

New 2018 Options to Fly to Del Rio, TX:

Book a flight to Del Rio through American Airlines.

Reservations:  800-433-7300

*Flights start Nov. 4, 2018


How will I get from the airport to the ranch?

Our hunts currently do not include airport transfers to and from the ranch, so it is up to you to make appropriate arrangements. If you are flying in, we highly suggest making a reservation with a rental car company at the airport ahead of time to reserve a vehicle. We will provide directions where to meet your guide after your hunt has been paid in full. 


What about my hunting license?

The type of hunting license you will need will depend on the type of hunt that you have booked, and if you live in Texas or outside the state. Information on Texas Hunting Licenses is available online at the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department website. If you are from out of state and hunting whitetail deer, you will need to purchase a Type 105 General Non-Resident Hunting License. Licenses may be purchased online directly from Texas Parks and wildlife, or you may purchase it at any local sporting goods store in the state. We suggest stopping in at Oasis Outback in Uvalde, TX to purchase your license or any other gear that you may need. This store is right on HWY 90 and has great selection of goods & friendly staff. 


Is it customary to tip my guide and the ranch staff?

Tipping is extremely customary in the hunting industry.The practice of tipping your professional hunter is standard on any hunt, from Texas Whitetail to Argentina Dove hunts and African Safaris. Professional guides for any hunt/outfitter work very hard to put their clients on the best game and ensure they have an amazing trip (from rattling in deer, to cleaning game, etc.) Across the world, the majority of a professional guide's income is derived from tips. Of course, as in any tipping situation, it is up to you to decide how much you wish to tip. However,  it is generally standard to tip your guide 15% of the total hunt cost. Usually hunters will allocate smaller tips the cook and cleaning staff as well. Most often, gratuity is paid directly to the guide and/or staff at the end of the hunt.